I also love how endlessly adaptable fudge can be. You can take a basic recipe, like chocolate or vanilla fudge, and mix in whatever extras you have around. Pretzels, candy bits, nuts, dried fruits, and the contents of your spice drawer are all fair game here.
Here are some recipes to inspire your holiday fudge-making:
• Simple Chocolate Fudge from Martha Stewart
• Vanilla Cream Fudge from Saveur
• Maple Pecan Fudge from Leite's Culinaria
• Bittersweet Chocolate and Walnut Fudge from Bon Appétit
• Coconut Milk Fudge from Smitten Kitchen
• Mocha Almond Fudge from Sunset Magazine/MyRecipes
• Rocky Road Fudge from Fine Cooking
• Peanut Butter Fudge from Bakerella
What's your favorite kind of fudge?
Related: How to Make Candied Bacon Fudge
(Image: Martha Stewart)