These are the dog days of summer, aren't they? Just when you think some relief is near, the hottest days stretch on before us. Luckily, melons are in season and they're just the thing for a little cool relief. Let's take a look at some cool soups from around the web that are made from the seasonal fruit:
• 1 A somewhat savory option, this melon gazpacho recipe from Nugget Market also calls for tomatoes, olive oil, and shallots.
• 2 Melon soup by chef Amy Goldman via PBS.
• 3 These are actually two mix-and-match melon soups from Martha Stewart, to be combined for a beautiful presentation.
• 4 This recipe from Shape magazine incorporates an unexpected sparkle: champagne!
• 5 Served in the melon rind, this recipe we spotted at Channel 4 includes a frozen sorbet element, too, for extra coolness.
Related: Roundup: Chilled Summer Soups (Other than Gazpacho)
(Images: Nugget Market, PBS, Martha Stewart Living, Shape, Delicious. Magazine via Channel 4)