Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- When I bought my apartment, the kitchen was just a little separate nook with virtually no counter space and very little storage. I completely gutted the space and was able to create my ideal kitchen with tons of storage space and counter space (and a dishwasher!). This kitchen was a labor of love - I had so much fun through the whole process shopping around for deals and finding all the pieces to make the whole project come together.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- I love to cook (and have lots of cooking supplies) and it was a challenge to maximize the space to create both usable surface area and as much storage as possible. The island, for example, serves multiple purposes - it creates a ton of storage space and also serves as a cooking and prep space, a desk and a kitchen table (this is key in a small NYC apt). I have additional folding bar stools so I can easily convert the island into a dinner table for at least four people.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I love to bake cookies at the holidays for my friends and family and having this kitchen makes doing so incredibly easy. I have so much counter space to spread out all my supplies and set up an assembly line for assembling and baking the cookies (and, of course, having the storage space to keep my stand mixer is also a huge plus).
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013