Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Philadelphia, PA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- The space is an eclectic mix of old and new and everything colorful. I've had a lifelong love affair with Fiestaware and my collection has been mined from thrift shops over a period of 15 years. The chandelier is an antique store find that my mom purchased for me in Talking Rock, Georgia and the large framed piece above the fridge is an 1880s bird's eye view of Savannah where I went to school.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- When I saw the space it was down to bare studs and I worked with the landlord to really make the teeny tiny studio my own, focusing much of my energy on the kitchen.There is a lot of light as there are two large windows, but that doesn't make for much cabinet space. Instead, I chose open shelving from Ikea to maximize on space and light and to show off my Fiestaware.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I've gotten really into urban small batch canning in this kitchen. There is a great farmers market in a large park a couple of blocks away and Saturday mornings, I like to get a fresh pint of whatever looks good and make a runny jam to mix in with yogurt and granola.
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013