Blogger: Rebekah Peppler
Started at The Kitchn: Fall 2010
Rebekah joined us this past fall from New York City, where she is a professional food writer and stylist. She has worked for CBS and other television outlets, as well as for Saveur and many other publications. Rebekah is bringing us her own sweet brand of recipes once a week, offering up pastries, cookies, as well as other delicious and savory things. Read on for Rebekah's favorite tool, kitchen indulgence, and quote on food and cooking!
A FEW QUESTIONS FOR REBEKAH
- What’s your favorite kitchen tool?
A freshly-sharpened 8-inch chef's knife. It's not only my favorite kitchen tool, it's my desert island object. Instead of reaching for a different blade for each job, this knife is a invaluable multitasker. Whether you're planning to chop chocolate, julienne vegetables, slice bread, peel potatoes...or crack coconuts...it does its job beautifully. An added bonus — there's only one knife to clean!
- What’s your secret indulgence in the kitchen?
Bourbon whiskey. Dashed into banana bread, whisked into whipped cream or glazed atop salmon fillets, quality bourbon is my favorite thing to keep stashed in the kitchen. Plus, a long day over a hot stove practically begs for a splash on the rocks.
- What’s your favorite quote on food, cooking, or eating?
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon" - Dalai Lama
A FEW POSTS BY REBEKAH
• Recipe: Chicken Stew with Kale and Cannellini Beans
• Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe: (Leftover) Pie Shakes
• Last-Minute Appetizer: Lemon-Thyme Bruschetta
• Recipe: Forelle Pear Cake
• Recipe: Pistachio-Lemon Langues de Chat (Cat's Tongues)
MORE POSTS BY REBEKAH
• See all of Rebekah's posts at The Kitchn
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.
(Images: as credited in above links)