Blogger: Kristen Lubbe
Started at The Kitchn: 2010
Kristen Lubbe blogs primarily for Apartment Therapy proper from Philadelphia, bringing a Philly sense of style and great house tours to the site. But she joined us at The Kitchn this year as well and she offers up weekly kitchen design, product reviews, and roundups. Read on for Kristen's favorite kitchen tool and indulgence!
A FEW QUESTIONS FOR KRISTEN
- What's your favorite kitchen tool?
My All-Clad Stainless Steel Sauté Pan. I use it every single day. It's so great for stovetop to oven dishes. It's of such high quality that I know I'll have it for many years to come. I use it so much that I typically wash after each use and keep it on the stovetop, not only for practicality - but it's pretty handsome too!
- What's your secret indulgence in the kitchen?
High quality organic meat. I'm extremely picky when it comes to protein and I've found that splurging on quality cuts of organic meat is the best way to go. The sticker price is shocking at first, but when you take that first bite you know it's all worth it.
- What's your favorite quote on food, cooking, or eating?
"I've long believed that good food, good eating, is all about risk. Whether we're talking about unpasteurized Stilton, raw oysters or working for organized crime 'associations', food, for me, has always been an adventure" - Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
A FEW POSTS BY KRISTEN
• 10 Must-Have Cookie Cutters
• Beth's Teeny Tiny Peek-a-boo View
• Reading Terminal Market: Historic for a Reason
• Five Favorite Mixing Bowl Sets
• Tea, Brittle, Olives and Cake: 10 Delicious Edible Gifts
MORE POSTS BY KRISTEN
• See all of Kristen's posts at The Kitchn
(Images: as credited in above links)