Blogger: Emily Ho
Started at The Kitchn: 2008
Emily Ho lives in Los Angeles with her partner Gregory Han (whom you may also know!), and she has been blogging daily for The Kitchn for over two years. Emily's specialties include vegan and vegetarian recipes, sustainable and eco-friendly issues and cooking, and all sorts of Asian food! Read on to learn a little more about Emily, and to see some of our favorite Emily posts. A FEW QUESTIONS FOR EMILY
- What’s your favorite kitchen tool?
You mean I have to pick one this time?! I previously shared my Ten Favorite Kitchen Tools but if I had to narrow it down to a single one, I'd pick the Microplane zester. I use it to grate everything from cheese to ginger to citrus to spices and often pack it in my suitcase when traveling!
- What’s your secret indulgence in the kitchen?
Good quality butter and olive oil. Although I am generally committed to eating healthy, locally-produced food, I have a major weakness for high-fat, imported European butter! (Like Nealey, I also keep several pounds stashed away in the freezer "just in case.") As for olive oil, learning how to taste it was one of my favorite food experiences and I happily invest in several different kinds for cooking, salads, bread, and more.
- What’s your favorite quote on food, cooking, or eating?
"Eating is an agricultural act." - Wendell Berry
"Each morsel of food is an ambassador from the cosmos." - Thich Nhat Hanh
A FEW POSTS BY EMILY
• How To Cleanly Slice Soft Goat Cheese
• Recipe: Mung Bean Salad With Corn and Basil
• Is This the Food Of the Future?
• Atwater Village Farmers' Market
• Six Green Cleaners for the Kitchen
MORE POSTS BY EMILY
• See all of Emily's posts at The Kitchn
(Images: as credited in above links)