Blogger: Regina Yunghans
Started at The Kitchn: Winter 2010
Regina, who lives in Lawrence, Kansas, is a veteran writer from Apartment Therapy. She joined us this year to write about kitchen design and kitchen accessories, and we love having her here. Her smart sense of style, and instinct for truly beautiful kitchen design, bring so much to The Kitchn. Read on to hear more about her favorite kitchen tool, secret indulgence, and cooking quote.
A FEW QUESTIONS FOR REGINA
- What's your favorite kitchen tool?
Like Megan, it has to be my immersion blender. I use it (and probably misuse it) several times a week. It's a really inexpensive little one, so I'm not at all careful with it. It has completely replaced my stand blender: I use it right in the pot for soups and purees in the winter. And in summer, it goes directly into a tall glass filled with smoothie ingredients. It came in really handy this fall for making fresh pumpkin puree.
- What's your secret indulgence in the kitchen?
Peanut butter. It starts as a little dab on a Granny Smith apple (which is perfection, by the way). But it invariably ends in spoonfuls directly from the jar.
- What's your favorite quote on food, cooking, or eating?
"Simplicity is not a compromise but a treasure". I don't read a lot on food, but I've found this quote from Mark Bittman to be true in the kitchen, in design, and with regard to life in general.
A FEW POSTS BY REGINA
• Cooling and Tranquil: Light Blue Kitchens
• Contemporary to Classic: Cabinet Pulls
• Nate Berkus Kitchens: From Milan to Chicago
• Lacanche to La Cornue: 4 Gorgeous French Ranges
• Edible Gift Recipe: Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
MORE POSTS BY REGINA
• See all of Regina's posts at The Kitchn
(Images: as credited in above links)