This process apparently preserves more of the natural proteins and nutrients of the wheat as well — so your freekeh adventures will be more than just a journey in new flavors. Here are a few tasty recipes you can try your hand at that specifically call for freekeh...
- Pomegranate-glazed Freekeh Kofte
- Freekeh Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Beef & Freekeh Soup
- Freekeh with Roasted Butternut Squash, Seared Kale, and Caramelized Onion Jam
The more adventurous freekeh seeker can also try subbing it in place of wheat in these recipes below...
- Warm Wheat Salad (or, Reverse Tabbouleh)
- Lentils with Bulgar Wheat and Caramelized Onions
- Whole Wheat Couscous with Cherries & Arugula
Oh, and feel free to come back and leave a comment on how much you start hearing about freekeh after reading this.