You don't have to be a vegetarian to appreciate these dishes, which are flavorful and satisfying with hearty ingredients like chickpeas, mushrooms, and cheese. Fresh, seasonal vegetables appear, too, from bright summer tomatoes to earthy autumn beets. Give one of these recipes a try on a Meatless Monday – or any day of the week!
• 1 Lemony Pesto Pasta with Edamame & Almonds
• 2 Southwestern Pizza with Black Beans and Corn
• 3 Vegetarian Steamed Buns
• 4 Vegetarian Lasagna with a Surprise Ingredient
• 5 Chickpea Casserole with Lemon, Herbs & Shallots
• 11 Braised Eggplant and Tomatoes
• 12 Vegetable Lasagna with Butternut Béchamel
• 13 Flatbread Stuffed with Curried Potatoes, Spinach, and Chickpeas
• 14 Tomato, Broccoli & Mozzarella Pasta Casserole
• 15 Couscous With Chickpeas, Fennel, and Citrus
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)