- Matthew and Stephanie
- Portland, OR
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- Our kitchen is a pleasant balance of old and new. Birch shelves next to 1960's metal cabinets. Conical-burr coffee grinders next to west-german made hand-crank models.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- There's not an abundance of storage in our kitchen, and counter-space is at a premium as well. This was a huge apprehension when we were looking at renting the place. We clock some serious hours working in the kitchen in any given week, so creating a kitchen that was pleasant enough to actually work in was a challenge. Adding some simple, clean shelving allowed us to display some of our favorite odds and ends. It also let us keep things close at hand that we always use, but kept them out of the way.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- We make from-scratch ramen, down to homemade noodles, probably every other week.
Small Cool Kitchens,
Small Space Living