In the dog-days of winter, you'll want to cook older turnips a little longer to bring out their best flavor. This is the time for stews and braises. These turnips also soak up seasonings like a sponge, so don't be afraid to raid your spice cupboard.
• Turnip Hash with Broccoli Rabe from Martha Stewart
• Braised Turnips with Poppy Seed Bread Crumbs from Gourmet
• Turnip, Bacon, and Aspall Cyder Gratin from The British Larder
• Roasted Turnips with Maple and Cardamom from Fine Cooking
• Turnip and Potato Patties from Simply Recipes
• Parsnip, Potato, and Turnip Puree from Epicurious
• Lentil, Roasted Turnip, and Chard Soup from The Ginger Cook
• Turnip Chips with Crème Fraîche, Parsley and Red Onion from The Bitten Word
What are your favorite ways to eat turnips?
Related: Picked Turnips: Three Ways