From the get-go I knew it would be difficult to pick just ten top posts for 2010. But this year I was more organized. Each week I’d pick out a few favorites and put them on my list. Even still my list was hitting 100 posts. But the limit was ten.
I wish to thank all my fellow bloggers at The Kitchn for so much daily inspiration, recipes, tips and explanations. It has been a wonderful year.
- On Cooking with Kids (with a few Recommended Books) - As we have a 7-year-old son, this post really rang home. I truly love when my son when my son helps out in the kitchen, or we talk about food and recipes. Well done Sara Kate.
- What is a Good Entry-Level Camera for Food Photography? - This was a reader’s question posted by Faith. Such a useful post, as I am really a novice when it comes to photography and still getting my head around how to take good food and wine shots.
- Weekend Meditation: Wonky, Irregular and Lopsided - What can I say, I look forward every Sunday to Dana’s insightful, philosophical thoughts. This is just one of the many that I could have selected. But this reminded me so much of life. Perfection lies in the imperfection.
- Flavo(u)r Explosion: Recent Cookbooks from the UK - I adore cookbooks and when I travel I love to see what cookbooks are most promoted in different countries. A beautiful post and full of great gift ideas.
- Restaurant Supply Stores: Online and Offline - One of the many incredibly useful posts from Sarah, as we are always on the look-out for new pots and pans.
- This Mold’s Fur Real: Cheese Mold in Bloom - As a cheese-aholic I love all of Nora’s posts, but this one particularly appealed to me – so natural and I have no problem with mold on any cheese.
- Spirit Spotlight : Feisty Armagnacs - I especially loved this post by Nora, as Armagnac is so much less understood and well known as Cognac. The post is wonderfully detailed and informative with delicious cocktail suggestions.
- Winter Apéritif Recipe: Port and Tonic - This post from Faith brought back so many great memories of trips to Oporto and enjoying this underrated, delicious port – white port. A fantastically refreshing cocktail.
- Two Recipes for Pickled Eggs - I was so excited when I saw this post, as I had tasted picked eggs at a friend’s last year and mentally had it on my ‘to-do’ list. Well now I have no excuse. Thanks Kathryn for making it seems so easy.
For my tenth mention, I am moving out of The Kitchn to a new food blog called ‘Nettle and Quince’. I adore the name.
• Stollen by Valerie - Apart from my favorite Kitchn posts I wanted to give a special to a very good friend Valerie, who is a fabulous cook (trust me, we’ve been the recipients many, many times) and fulltime mom of three. Valerie recently started her own blog, which I have been following. One of my favorite posts is on Stollen, which she makes each year for the holidays.
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)