From the get-go I knew it would be difficult to pick just ten top posts for 2010. But this year I was more organized. Each week I'd pick out a few favorites and put them on my list. Even still my list was hitting 100 posts. But the limit was ten.
I wish to thank all my fellow bloggers at The Kitchn for so much daily inspiration, recipes, tips and explanations. It has been a wonderful year.
- On Cooking with Kids (with a few Recommended Books) - As we have a 7-year-old son, this post really rang home. I truly love when my son when my son helps out in the kitchen, or we talk about food and recipes. Well done Sara Kate.
- What is a Good Entry-Level Camera for Food Photography? - This was a reader's question posted by Faith. Such a useful post, as I am really a novice when it comes to photography and still getting my head around how to take good food and wine shots.
- Weekend Meditation: Wonky, Irregular and Lopsided - What can I say, I look forward every Sunday to Dana's insightful, philosophical thoughts. This is just one of the many that I could have selected. But this reminded me so much of life. Perfection lies in the imperfection.
- Flavo(u)r Explosion: Recent Cookbooks from the UK - I adore cookbooks and when I travel I love to see what cookbooks are most promoted in different countries. A beautiful post and full of great gift ideas.
- Restaurant Supply Stores: Online and Offline - One of the many incredibly useful posts from Sarah, as we are always on the look-out for new pots and pans.
- This Mold's Fur Real: Cheese Mold in Bloom - As a cheese-aholic I love all of Nora's posts, but this one particularly appealed to me – so natural and I have no problem with mold on any cheese.
- Spirit Spotlight : Feisty Armagnacs - I especially loved this post by Nora, as Armagnac is so much less understood and well known as Cognac. The post is wonderfully detailed and informative with delicious cocktail suggestions.
- Winter Apéritif Recipe: Port and Tonic - This post from Faith brought back so many great memories of trips to Oporto and enjoying this underrated, delicious port – white port. A fantastically refreshing cocktail.
- Two Recipes for Pickled Eggs - I was so excited when I saw this post, as I had tasted picked eggs at a friend's last year and mentally had it on my 'to-do' list. Well now I have no excuse. Thanks Kathryn for making it seems so easy.
For my tenth mention, I am moving out of The Kitchn to a new food blog called 'Nettle and Quince'. I adore the name.
• Stollen by Valerie - Apart from my favorite Kitchn posts I wanted to give a special to a very good friend Valerie, who is a fabulous cook (trust me, we've been the recipients many, many times) and fulltime mom of three. Valerie recently started her own blog, which I have been following. One of my favorite posts is on Stollen, which she makes each year for the holidays.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)