- On Cooking with Kids (with a few Recommended Books) - As we have a 7-year-old son, this post really rang home. I truly love when my son when my son helps out in the kitchen, or we talk about food and recipes. Well done Sara Kate.
- What is a Good Entry-Level Camera for Food Photography? - This was a reader’s question posted by Faith. Such a useful post, as I am really a novice when it comes to photography and still getting my head around how to take good food and wine shots.
- Weekend Meditation: Wonky, Irregular and Lopsided - What can I say, I look forward every Sunday to Dana’s insightful, philosophical thoughts. This is just one of the many that I could have selected. But this reminded me so much of life. Perfection lies in the imperfection.
- Flavo(u)r Explosion: Recent Cookbooks from the UK - I adore cookbooks and when I travel I love to see what cookbooks are most promoted in different countries. A beautiful post and full of great gift ideas.
- Restaurant Supply Stores: Online and Offline - One of the many incredibly useful posts from Sarah, as we are always on the look-out for new pots and pans.
- This Mold’s Fur Real: Cheese Mold in Bloom - As a cheese-aholic I love all of Nora’s posts, but this one particularly appealed to me – so natural and I have no problem with mold on any cheese.
- Spirit Spotlight : Feisty Armagnacs - I especially loved this post by Nora, as Armagnac is so much less understood and well known as Cognac. The post is wonderfully detailed and informative with delicious cocktail suggestions.
- Winter Apéritif Recipe: Port and Tonic - This post from Faith brought back so many great memories of trips to Oporto and enjoying this underrated, delicious port – white port. A fantastically refreshing cocktail.
- Two Recipes for Pickled Eggs - I was so excited when I saw this post, as I had tasted picked eggs at a friend’s last year and mentally had it on my ‘to-do’ list. Well now I have no excuse. Thanks Kathryn for making it seems so easy.
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.