• Steak with Red Wine Mushrooms - A rich and flavorful recipe for a cold winter's night.
• Bread Baking: Cheese and Pepper Cornbread - A summer cornbread calls for fresh corn, but the colder months require a little more heat, like sweet fire-roasted red peppers.
• The Food Lab: How To Make Vegan Mayonnaise - An egg-free mayonnaise is very possible! This post gives a few alternative emulsifier ideas for a creamy, completely vegan mayo.
• Dinner Tonight: Farro and Roasted Pepper Salad - This flavorful farro salad, with its olive oil, honey, and paprika dressing, would make a quick, satisfying meal.
• Dinner Tonight: Mark Bittman's Pad Thai - Leave it to The Minimalist to find the quickest way to make Pad Thai while still keeping it flavorful and perfectly balanced.
Previous Good Eats: The Best Guacamole and How To Brew Mead at Home
(Image: Nick Kindelsperger/Serious Eats)