Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we find some heat with recipes for sweet and spicy red pepper cornbread, roasted red pepper farro salad (with a paprika and honey dressing!), and steak with warming, red wine-marinated mushrooms. Read on for these and more of our favorite finds from Serious Eats!
• Steak with Red Wine Mushrooms - A rich and flavorful recipe for a cold winter's night.
• Bread Baking: Cheese and Pepper Cornbread - A summer cornbread calls for fresh corn, but the colder months require a little more heat, like sweet fire-roasted red peppers.
• The Food Lab: How To Make Vegan Mayonnaise - An egg-free mayonnaise is very possible! This post gives a few alternative emulsifier ideas for a creamy, completely vegan mayo.
• Dinner Tonight: Farro and Roasted Pepper Salad - This flavorful farro salad, with its olive oil, honey, and paprika dressing, would make a quick, satisfying meal.
• Dinner Tonight: Mark Bittman's Pad Thai - Leave it to The Minimalist to find the quickest way to make Pad Thai while still keeping it flavorful and perfectly balanced.
Previous Good Eats: The Best Guacamole and How To Brew Mead at Home
(Image: Nick Kindelsperger/Serious Eats)