We received a big jug of Wisconsin maple syrup for Christmas this year, and we're having trouble keeping it rationed! Real maple syrup is sweet, definitely, but it also has complex flavors of caramel, toasted nuts, and honey. In short, it's irresistible. Which one of these recipes should we make this weekend?
• Apple and Maple Bread Pudding from Bon Appétit - Apples and maple syrup are such a natural pairing.
• Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Marshmallow Cream Filling from Bon Appétit - Um...Is anyone else's mouth watering?
• Maple Syrup Scones from 101 Cookbooks - Drizzle a little maple glaze on top of these, and we think we'll reach nirvana.
• Maple-Glazed Sour Cream Doughnuts with Sugared Walnut Streusel from Epicurious - All we can say is it's time to break out the deep fryer!
• Maple Cookies from Simply Recipes - Simple, classic, and undeniably delicious.
• Maple Walnut Granola with Dates from Fine Cooking - We'd have to hide this to make sure there's some leftover for breakfast!
• Maple Pudding with Sugared Pecans from Global Gourmet - We imagine this to be like butterscotch pudding...only better.
What are your favorite recipes with maple syrup?
Related: Maple Syrup Cocktails: A Sweet Way to Celebrate Spring
(Image: Bon Appétit)