What was cooking this time last year? Well, there was rosemary lime sparkle ice cream, a recipe for summer braised pork shanks, tomato tarts, and the best way to cook pasta. Read on for these posts and more from this week a year ago. • Recipes and recipe reviews: fresh shell bean and sage spread
, mint raspberry ice cream with a chocolate swirl
, pickled beets
, braised summer pork shank
, cherry cheesecake ice cream
, baked summer squash
, visions of sugarplums ice cream
, mango lassi frozen yogurt
, basil, ginger, and cinnamon ice cream
, and rosemary lime sparkle ice cream
• How to make ice cream infused with herbs or spices.
• A pretty touch: Candied mint leaves.
• The perfect tomato sandwich.
• Good idea: Wine glass cleaning brushes.
• The best way to cook pasta.
• A roundup of gorgeous tomato tarts.
• Questions for David Lebovitz: What's your favorite ice cream?
• Kitchen spotlight: vintage-inspired London kitchen.
• Homemade Jello Popsicles!
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Best Dairy-Free Ice Cream and Homemade Granola