Michael Natkin writes and photographs the gorgeous vegeterian food blog Herbivoracious, and he is about to release his first (self-titled) cookbook. In preparation for its release, he is doing some video recipes, and since it's Breakfast Week, I wanted to share this one for Dutch baby! Read on for more about this recipe, and about Michael.
Dutch babies are a puffy, eggy pancake that is baked in the oven, and often served with fruit, like the apples here. They are wonderfully delicious and dramatic, and they're easy, too. But the first time making one can be a little confusing (put the pan in the oven, take it out, make the batter, etc.) — a video is helpful for understanding the process.
So take a look at Michael's video, and visit his site, too, for more on this recipe and his new book.
• Read more: Herbivoracious
• Pre-order Michael's book: Herbivoracious: A Flavor Revolution with 150 Vibrant and Original Vegetarian Recipes at Amazon (May 2012)
More about Dutch babies:
• Recipe: Big Pancake
• Breakfast Recipe: Roasted Cherry Dutch Baby with Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Sauce
• Weekend Breakfast Recipe: The Apple Pancake
More from Michael on The Kitchn:
• Guest Post: Spicy Chickpea Stew from Herbivoracious
• Best Food Photography Tips From 3 Pro Photographers
(Video by Tim Mar of Chef Shop & Michael Natkin)