As you've likely already noticed, we're focusing on lunch recipes this week on The Kitchn and to do so fully, you've got to get down to basics. And what's more basic than the true building blocks of a great sandwich?
Ah, sandwich bread. We all have our preferences: white and squishy, hearty whole grain, or crusty baguette. And once you get into the groove and have a bit of practice, it's quite simple to make. In our house, I usually double or even triple the recipe and freeze extra loaves that will last us a few weeks. This way, we know exactly what's in our bread and for a few days out of the month, the house smells like heaven. Here are five wonderful recipes for bread-baking beginners, easy enough to master and delicious enough to become a bread-baking convert through and through.
5 Easy Bread Recipes:
• Basic White Sandwich Bread - The Kitchn Archives
• Jim Lahey's No-Knead Bread - The Wednesday Chef
• No-Knead 100% Whole Wheat Bread - King Arthur Flour
• Fabulous Focaccia - Tyler Florence
• Homemade Baguettes - Eating Well 101
Related: Make or Buy? Sandwich Bread
(Image: Emma Christensen)