A perfect hangry kit should have a mix of essential flavors (salty, bitter, and sweet) so you can go to it for any craving. It also should have snacks that are small and portable, yet durable enough to not get crushed when packed in a purse or a bag. Find something that is also heat-tolerant enough to handle being left in the car and you have a formula that solves Hangry.
You can package hangry items in small plastic resealable bags (with an appropriate disclaimer) or in small bento boxes like these. Here are a few recipes that'll get you started on making your own kit to accompany all your holiday errands and travels.
Hangry Kit Recipes
• Roasted Almonds with Paprika and Orange
• Spicy Baked Plantain Chips
• Ina Garten's Chipotle & Rosemary Spiced Nuts
• Roasted Curried Chickpeas with Rosemary and Thyme
• Candied Salted Bacon
• Baked, Spiced 'Corn Nuts'
• Savory Spiced Pecans
• 4-Ingredient Banana Oat Bars
• Milk and Honey Peanut Butter Balls
• Sweet and Salty Cinnamon Almonds
What are your favorite Hangry-handy snacks?
Related: How To Make Homemade Granola Bars