You've heard countless times that we eat first with our eyes, but how often in our kitchens do we take the time to make that first impression really stand out? With a few simple tips, you can give your next meal that wow factor we all hope to achieve — the kind that causes someone to pull out their phone and Instagram it.
• Think simple. Go with minimal, all-white plates and let the food do all the talking.
• Color play. Freshen things up with the bright natural color of herbs and vegetables.
• Build high. Layers of depth add interest.
• Odds and ends. Arranging things by odd numbers provides a more balanced look. Think about making a triangle on the plate with three different foods.
• Don't crowd. Leave negative space to draw your eye toward particular details.
(Images: Chris Perez)