Yes, we're talking grilled fruit. Outside on the gas grill or indoors on a grill pan, we love the way grilling caramelizes the natural sugars in fresh fruit. Never tried it? Read on for 10 delicious and easy summer grilled fruit ideas.
• Grilled Peaches with Bourbon Vanilla Whipped Cream: Hello perfect summer dessert! Peaches grill up better than just about any other fruit, and a little spiked whipped cream only sweetens the deal.
• Grilled Plum Kabobs: This simple grilled dessert works just as well with other stone fruits like peaches and apricots, via Martha Stewart.
• Saucy & Sweet Grilled Pineapple: Easy to grill and so sweet - we love the kick of Grand Marnier in this treat!
• Grilled Fruit Skewers: These skewers are the perfect complement to a kebab BBQ party - easy to assemble and ready in a flash!
• Grilled Strawberries with Pimm's and Vanilla Ice Cream: These strawberries could be roasted in the oven, but putting them in a shallow baking dish and popping them on the grill makes for a much more fun backyard treat, via Jamie Oliver.
• Grilled Banana Splits with Hot Fudge and Rum Caramel Sauce: Leave the banana peels on for easy grilling with this fun twist on the classic banana split, via Martha Stewart.
• Grilled Apricots with Bittersweet Chocolate and Almonds: This recipe works just as well with other stone fruit and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
• Dessert Recipe: Grilled Figs with Honeyed Mascarpone: If you've never grilled figs, you're missing out! These pair perfectly with mild mascarpone or ricotta cheese.
• Grilled Bananas with Rum Ice Cream and Mexican Hot Chocolate Sauce: Homemade rum ice cream and a Mexican chocolate sauce take these grilled bananas over the top - great showstopper dessert for your next summer party!
• Grilled Mango with Mint and Lime Juice: Mark Bittman suggests grilling just ripe mango for a simple and healthy dessert, via The New York Times.
Related: Grilled Summer Fruit: How to Get Better Flavor and Color
(Images: Flickr user mccun934 licensed for use under Creative Commons)