A steaming bowl of soup just begs for a crunchy salad of fresh greens at its side and a thick slice of crusty bread to mop up the bowl. Honestly, we’d be fine with some version of this meal and nothing else for the rest of winter! If you’re looking for a few good sides to pair with your soup, we have some ideas.
The star of the meal is still the soup, in our opinion, so we like salads that combine just a few ingredients with the greens and then use a light vinaigrette. A nice whole grain bread or buttery biscuit rounds everything out quite nicely.
1. Fennel and Radicchio Winter Salad with Pecans
2. Pickled Beet and Arugula Salad
3. Spring Salad with Radishes and Pumpkin Seeds
4. Kale and Ricotta Salata Salad
5. Meyer Lemon Spring Salad with Baby Greens, Almonds, and Goat Cheese
6. Multi-Grain Peasant Bread
7. Herbed Olive Oil Fantail Rolls
8. 15-Minute Cream Biscuits
9. Potato Dough Rolls
10. Pan Co’Santi - Walnut Bread
What are your favorite salads and sides to eat with soup?
Related: Salad for Dinner: 7 Additions to Make it Filling
(Images: Faith Durand and Emma Christensen)