Around here, a perfectly ripe avocado can induce mania and ecstasy. Forget drugs — let's just do avocados. We have the best of avocados for you today, with one brilliant piece of advice on how to pick a good avocado, to smart tips on dicing and storing them. We revisit some of our favorite creative uses, from grilled guacamole to crispy avocado fries (fries! avocado FRIES!). There's ice cream, breakfast pudding, and the ultimate California BLT — all featuring the glorious avocado.
Tips for Picking, Storing, and Using Avocados
• How to Determine Whether an Avocado Is Perfectly Ripe Inside
• The Best Way to Keep Cut Avocado Fresh!
• To Quickly Ripen an Avocado, Use a Banana
• A Surplus Of Avocados: Should We Freeze Them?
• A Better Way to Dice an Avocado
• Best Place to Store Avocados? In the Refrigerator
• What's the Best Way to Remove the Pit From an Avocado?
• What Is the Best Way to Store Half an Avocado?
• How to Make Better Guacamole: Tips from Two Food Writers
Surprising Avocado Ideas!
• Healthy & Hearty Breakfast: Egg Baked In an Avocado
• Yes, Adding Avocado to Scrambled Eggs Is a Very Good Idea
• Backyard Party Idea: An Avocado Bar!
• Baking Tip: Did You Know That You Can Substitute Avocado For Butter?
• Must Try: Avocado Salad Dressing Bowls!
• Look! Crispy, Creamy Avocado Fries
• Have You Ever Roasted an Avocado?
• Better Egg Salad: Add an Avocado, Use Less Mayonnaise
• 3-Ingredient Avocado Ice Cream
• Smoky Summer Recipe: Grilled Guacamole
• Cilantro-Lime Sardine Salad in Avocado Halves
• Avocado Breakfast Pudding
• Avocado Hollandaise
• Avocado Toast: Simply the Best Breakfast Ever?
• Creamy, Tangy Avocado Dressing
• Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
• California BLT with Avocado and Basil Mayonnaise
• Raw Avocado Cacao Mousse
• Raw Avocado Lime Mousse
• Creamy, Green, and Sweet: The Avocado Smoothie
• Golden Quinoa Salad with Radish, Dill & Avocado
What are your favorite avocado tips, tricks, hints, and recipes?
Avocados at the source: Mexico Through the Avocado Lens
(Images: Leela Cyd Ross; Faith Durand; Dana Velden; Emma Christensen; Annabelle Breakey/Sunset Magazine; Patrice Berry of Circle B Kitchen)