- stoop: The front stoop is a place to eat a casual bite that you've prepped inside. Be prepared for neighbors coming and going to stop and have a chat (and maybe a bite) with you.
- porch: Like the stoop, the porch is a more public place to eat a bite outdoors and possibly end up having an impromptu get-together with neighbors.
- balcony: The balcony's more private and can make for quite the romantic outdoor meal in the evening.
- park: The park is the ideal place for an afternoon picnic where you want to get active and play some games before chow time, or just read a book or people-watch.
- deck or patio: Generally located at the rear of the house, these locations are for private parties where you're probably grilling out.
Do you eat outdoors in a different location in the morning than in the evening? We find we're always chasing the shade when it comes to eating outside in the heat of the summer.
Related: 10 Pieces of Inspiration for Planning Your Summer Picnics
(Images: Brownstoner, Globe Inn, Apartment Therapy Chicago, Picnic Inspiration from Charles and Ray Eames, The Guardian, Acacia Bay Charters)