A Few Tips:
• Make freezer-friendly meals ahead of time that can be microwaved when you need them. Here are a few vegetarian meals that freeze well.
• Make the most of that toaster oven! It does more than you might think.
• Pull out the slow cooker! These vegetarian slow cooked black bean enchiladas are super easy and satisfying. See also 15 Splendid Slow Cooker Meals and 15 Awesome Slow Cooker Recipes.
Other Helpful Makeshift Kitchen Survival Ideas:
• What I've Learned From 7 Months Without Using A Stove
• Could You Live Without an Oven?
• Tips for Escaping from Kitchen Renovations
• Remodeling the Kitchen: What To Eat?
• What Is Your Best Kitchen Renovation and Planning Advice?
Readers, what did you do during your kitchen renovation? Any go-to recipes you can share? Essential appliances and tools that got you through? Tell us!
It's Reader Request Week on The Kitchn! This post was requested by vhopcroft.
(Image: a makeshift kitchen via 7th House on the Left)