Yellow just might be the most cheerful color there is — which is just one of the reasons we think it's perfect for the kitchen (and The Kitchn, as evidenced by our logo, hehe).
Whether a bright lemon shade on the walls, or it's a more goldenrod hue displayed in accent pieces, yellow is a solid choice to make your kitchen a happier place. Here are 10 of our favorite sunshine-filled kitchens.
- Lemon Yellow Cabinets - Alys Design: These citrus-hued cabinets make for the cheeriest beach kitchen possible.
- Yellow Counters - Beckwith Interiors: This might be too bold for your everyday kitchen, but we love that this homeowner tried something completely different in their pool-house kitchen.
- Vintage Cabinets - Enclosures Architects: This vintage inspired kitchen features metal cabinets in the perfect shade of butter yellow.
- Color Block - Kariouk Associates: This contemporary home is divided by distinct blocks of color, both inside and out. We love that the kitchen is yellow.
- Retro Tile - Retro Renovation: This retro kitchen pairs a mostly tiled wall with warm yellow paint and pops of turquoise.
- Subway Tile Backsplash - Design*Sponge: The vertical yellow tiles of the backsplash are pulled together by the matching baseboards and the coordinating lampshade and fruit bowl.
- Contemporary Coordination - Soup Architects: You don't need to make the whole kitchen yellow, but coordinating a few major pieces, like the island counter and dining chairs, makes the color the most dominant.
- Yellow & Gray Farmhouse - Rafe Churchill: The combination of the yellow counters with the steely gray stone or concrete counter and sink makes this farmhouse feel more contemporary.
- Yellow Countertops - KTC Design: We love these countertops even more because they have a flecked pattern to them as well. Not only are they bright, but they add a bit of interest.
- Yellow Accents - Houzz: In addition to the yellow accents and brightly painted wall, this kitchen pulls in the yellow hue in the checkered floor tiles as well.