• 1 This kitchen has color covered, and pattern, too.
• 2 Bold and beautiful purple in a large kitchen area (with equal interest underfoot!).
• 3 Okay, this isn't exactly colorful, but that black ceiling is gorgeous.
• 4 A rich, tiled coffered ceiling lends an old-world feeling to this kitchen.
• 5 The color in the ceiling and walls of this kitchen set off the white cabinets and countertop.
• 6 That strong green color of the kitchen cabinets can only be matched by such a bold, patterned ceiling.
• 7 Color's not only introduced by paint - it can be brought on by material, too.
• 8 We can't imagine this eclectic kitchen with a plain white ceiling.
• 9 This bold color and pattern might be too much of a distraction in the kitchen.
• 10 One more example of introducing color by means other than paint. Here, it's wallpaper!
Related: Color Over Your Head! A Gallery of Kitchen Ceilings
(Images: House Beautiful, Sara Story, Domino, I Have Net, via Houzz, Canadian House & Home, Coastal Living, Country Living, The Kitchen Designer, Coastal Living)