The Chicago show is a launching pad for new colors, new trends, and over the top ideas (any takers for an LED light that makes the water flowing from the kitchen tap glow, anyone?).
On Day 2 we tried to focus on practical products that solve real kitchen problems. We hunted for truly useful products we could put right to work in our kitchens. Here's three of our favorite finds . . .
• Lunch Launch: We discovered a new lunchbox option for grown ups. This lunchbox from Aladdin is broad but thin, designed to fit into messenger bags. Two sets of inserts snap into the box, along with the ice pack: a green salad insert, including dressing cup, cutting board/lid, and crisper and a red microwavable container with a flexible divider. Aladdin told us the lunchbox with red insert is available in some Target stores for about $20.
More News From the Housewares Show:
• Our report on Day 1 of the show
• AT:Chicago reports from the show
• Pittsburghs Post-Gazette sizes up the show's gadgets
• CBS News: Beststuff.com says "It's not about practical, it's not about functional, it's about putting it all together with cool design." We disagree.