We love getting glimpses into the lives of some of our favorite writers, especially when it comes to their tastes in food! Did you know that Walt Whitman loved oysters and meat for breakfast? Or that Allen Ginsberg had a famous and "uncompromising" Borsch recipe? Read on for these secrets and more, including a roundup of terrific food journals, a peek inside a literary food-themed dinner party, and Beatrix Potter's recipe for gingerbread.
• 1 Literary Drinks: 10 Famous Fiction Writers and Their Cocktails
• 2 12 Great Writers and Their Favorite Snacks
• 3 Fictitious Dishes: What 5 Famous Meals from Literature Look Like
• 4 Writers and Food: From A - Z
• 5 Winter Reading List: 10 Terrific Quarterly Food Journals
• 6 The Favorite Recipes of American Poets
• 7 Beatrix Potter's Recipe for Gingerbread
• 8 Handwritten Recipes: A Collection of Forgotten Recipes Found in Old Books
• 9 Wordy Thirty: A Literary Food-Themed Dinner Party
• 10 So You Know: Cookie Monster's Famous Sugar Cookie Dough Recipe
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)