Sure they take up counter space, but slow cookers are wonderful to keep around in the warmer months for everything from overnight oatmeal and velvetty rice puddings to light curries and lemony grains. We scoured the internet to try and find lighter recipes that would allow your slow cooker to stay firmly in its place. All season long.
Try a Recipe:
• Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal - Real Mom Kitchen
• Greek Chicken and Vegetable Ragout - Eating Well
• Lemon Garlic Chicken and White Bean Stew - The Prepared Pantry
• Wild Rice Medley - Coconut and Lime
• Slow-Cooked Vegetarian Collard Greens - The Culinary Life
• Lemon Garlic Chicken with Shitake Mushroom, Farro, and Sweet Potato Pilau - Epicurious
• Vegetarian Chilli - The Food Network
• Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks with Lemon, Dill and Feta - Food and Wine
• Slow Cooker Rice Pudding - Cafe Mom
• Slow Cooker Curry- The Family Dinner
(Image: Faith Durand)
It's Reader Request Week at The Kitchn! This post was requested by LOSANGELESGIRLCHEF.