This week the European grocery chain Lidl is launching nine new grocery stores in the United States (you can see the full list here). If you've been freaking out about the new chain finally coming to the U.S., then you'll be even more excited to see the company's leaflet with pricing and specials for the store's grand opening on June 15.
The store features in-house brands that can't be found elsewhere, and have a cult following similar to Trader Joe's goods. Many stores include in-house bakeries and carry furniture and clothing. There is no word yet on what the U.S. versions of the store will carry, but the opening specials seem to focus on food and other kitchen and cooking items.
The Specials Include the Following:
- Allini Prosecco (which was named Sparkling Wine of the Year at the 2017 INDY International Wine Competition), $8.99
- Fair-trade assorted chocolate bars, $0.79
- 22-inch kettle grill (the retailer claims similar grills retail for $50), $19.99
- Insulated thermal bottle, $3.99
- Tropical mangos, $0.39
- Natural vanilla ice cream, $1.99 per tub
- Black angus all-American beef patties, $3.49/pound
The entire pamphlet of opening specials can be seen here.
The press release also touts food theme weeks. The first week will be food from the Italiamo brand, which features unique artisanal foods imported from Italy, like 99-cent extra-long (19-inch) spaghetti.
The first nine stores open in various cities in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. There is also an app with various savings and specials that can be downloaded to your phone.
There is, however, no app to help you to your car or the subway when you inevitable lose it and buy way more than you can comfortably carry out of the store. Sorry about that.
What are you most excited about for the grand opening of Lidl? Let us know in the comments!