This might come as a bit of a shock, but not all of us like cake. Yes, we're total weirdos! But this doesn't mean that we don't like a special treat on our special day. Here are some fabulous desserts that we think are worthy of birthdays or any celebration.
• Chocolate-Glazed Chocolate Tart from Gourmet - This is truffle meets mousse meets glaze meets chocolate cookies. Don't tell me this ain't show worthy.
• Lemon Souffles from Martha Stewart - Lemon-flavored clouds of sheer delight.
• Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake from Smitten Kitchen - I think we can all find something to enjoy in this particular cake.
• Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars with Hot Fudge Sauce from Epicurious - Serving this one straight from the freezer is its secret.
• Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Simply Recipes - Think of this as dressed up strawberry shortcake.
• Apple Lavender Tarte Tatin from Saveur - Caramelly apples with a crunchy top and hit of lavender? Oh, yes.
• Lemon Meringue Blueberry Pie from Bon Appétit - Dramatic wisps of meringue are better than candles on this dessert.
• Vanilla Orange Flan from Food & Wine - Simple. Sweet. Perfect.
Any other birthday-worthy desserts to recommend?
Related: Pudding, Mousse, and Fluff: 10 Creamy, No-Bake Desserts
(Image: Martyn Thompson/Gourmet)