A departure from our regular food programming for one moment to indulge our childhood adoration of LEGOs. LEGO is reaching out to grown-up food-lovers right now with some seriously fun food-related sets. How about your own holiday bakery? Or a French-style city block complete with green grocer? Oh the fun we could have!
This Winter Village Bakery is so fun. Cupcakes in the window, and a chef complete with toque. So much fun for an aspiring young baker.
• Winter Village Bakery, $54.99 at LEGO Shop
The other food-related scene from LEGO that is just so amazing is this Green Grocer set. It's a big piece with a hefty price to match. But the photo here just doesn't do it justice. We saw this up-close in a store, and the level of detail is amazing. There are breads, vegetables, fruits, and a cash register — even a traditional awning. One reviewer pointed out that there's even a mouse hole inside!
• Green Grocer, $149.99 at LEGO Shop (sold out online but available in many stores)
We really can't see buying one of these for the nostalgic factor alone, but hey — maybe one of these days we'll have a kid who just begs for one of these sets for Christmas. We'd be more than happy to oblige!
More LEGOs in The Kitchn
• How To Make an Anatomically Correct Lego Cake
• LEGO In the Kitchen: 5 LEGO Kitchen Accessories
• Lego Creations In The Kitchen
• LEGO Spoon, Fork, and Knife from FRED