We love the salty, savory taste of miso, but hate ending up with leftover miso paste. Recipes rarely call for more than a few tablespoons of the stuff and suddenly it's months later and the package is still sitting in the back of your 'fridge. Does this happen to you? Read on for 10 ideas on how to use every last spoonful!
Miso is great whisked into salad dressings, shaken up in marinades, and stirred into a bowlful of plain chicken broth. Here are some recipes and ideas...
• Best Simple Supper: Miso Soup with Rice & Poached Egg
• Miso Tahini Dressing
• Nobu's Miso-Marinated Black Cod
• Springtime Soba with Miso Sauce
• Miso Slaw
• Sweet Potato Soup with Miso and Ginger
• Tofu Steak with Miso and Ginger
• Spicy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Miso and Ginger
• Miso Potato Salad with Yellow Wax Beans
• Miso Soup with Sweet Potato Dumplings
What's your favorite way to use up leftover miso?
Related: What's the Difference? White, Yellow, and Red Miso
(Images: Emma Christensen)