• French toast: Substitute eggnog for milk in your favorite French toast recipe. It would be extra special made with challah.
• Syrup: Go a step further with eggnog-flavored pancake and waffle syrup. Try this recipe from Dine & Dish.
• Oatmeal: Add a splash of eggnog to a bowl of plain oatmeal or something even more seasonal, like Baked Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal.
• Bread pudding: A fabulous use for leftover eggnog and leftover bread. Swap some of the milk for eggnog in our basic bread pudding recipe.
• Rice pudding: Again, here's a way to transform two kinds of leftovers: eggnog and rice (white or brown). Need a recipe to get you started? We love this creamy Lemon Rice Pudding.
• Smoothie: Improvise with any smoothie, or try Averie Cooks' recipe for Eggnog Chai Smoothie.
• Cake: If you've got half a cup of eggnog, you can make a Whipped Eggnog Loaf Cake. Need we say more?
• Icing: Whip up some eggnog-spiked icing for cakes, scones, and sugar cookies. Here's a recipe for Quick Sugar Icing.
(Image: Nora Maynard)