Here are seven ways to use a few snips.
• Cocktails. We love the idea of herbs in cocktails, and this Kachumber Cooler, above, has muddled cilantro and cucumber with gin.
• Scrambled eggs. Cilantro is an easy way to add some color and flavor.
• Potato salad. This Warm Potato Salad with Cilantro and Toasted Cumin is a delicious deviation from the classics.
• Chutney. A chutney or pesto is a great way to preserve a big bunch of cilantro for future use. This Cilantro Mint Chutney would be good on so many things (or in scrambled eggs).
• A simple lunch. The Can O Beans Lunch (avocado, black beans) is elevated with the addition of fresh herbs, and this is true of so many no-frills dishes. Add some cilantro to a piece of bread slathered in cream cheese (or avocado) and you've got a much more interesting meal.
• Slaw. We love, love, love this Crunchy Peanut Slaw. The cilantro is almost as important as the cabbage, in our opinion.
• Green salad. Toss some cilantro in with your lettuce for an extra pop of flavor.
How do you use up leftover cilantro?
Related: Recipe Roundup: Guacamole
(Image: Nora Maynard)