Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- We have bright blue cabinets. I hated them when we first bought the house, but had to just make it work. Now I love the cheery primary colors in my kitchen.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- The narrower end of the kitchen was just this wasted space with a small recessed area. We got upper cabinets from Ikea to fit that space. Those cabinets and the ones above hold all of our pots, pans, and small appliances. We cut down a countertop from Home Depot to fit on the top, which also added much needed counter space. Now this area of the kitchen is functional, and all for about $500 and one weekend of our time.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Veggie fajitas! My favorite is with portabella mushrooms, which have a hearty and satisfying texture. I make my own sauce with lime juice, soy sauce, and tons of fresh garlic.
See all entries