Here's the thing, though. I have scads of things in my bookmarks folder marked "To Cook" -- and perhaps now is the time to dig through them. Here, for your reading pleasure, is a whole list of bookmarked recipes and good ideas; maybe they'll spark something in you too.
This list is slightly random -- no balanced meals here. I have so many bookmarked recipes it was hard to choose among them all! (Recipes pictured above are in bold below.)
• Grilled Beef Tagliata with Rosemary, Capers, and Lemons - I really can't think of a more attractive combination of flavors.
• Komisbrot - A bread, or a fruitcake with egg whites and dried fruit - it's unclear. But it has a beautiful back story.
• Italian-Style Cabbage Salad - It was the capers, again. Or maybe just the cabbage.
• Grapefruit-Ginger Sherbet - It looks so pink, and sounds so refreshing.
• Deep-Dish Pecan Pie - By far the most stunning pie I have ever seen.
• Gan Bian Si Ji Dou (Dry-Fried Green Beans) - I am semi-obsessed with Chinese-style beans (and greens), and this recipe is one more step towards the perfect recipe.
• Bengali Style Malabar Spinach - See above, except, you know, Indian instead of East Asian.
• Garlic Soup - Still haven't gotten around to this one, but should soon.
• Lemon Ginger Baked Chicken for a Crowd - Every other week I cook for a big group of friends, and I am constantly bookmarking recipes for this.
• Mulled Red Wine - I'm a sucker for wine punches and hot drinks. This one has kirsch, cinnamon, and whole peppercorns!
• Amazing Black Bean Brownies Recipe - Fascinated by the idea of beans in brownies.
• Sablés Korova (Korova Cookies) - Chocolate and salt cookies from Dorie Greenspan and Pierre Hermé. How can this go wrong?
• Onion Omelettines - Simple, easy, and good.
• Persian Nougat - Nougat has been on my to-cook list for a long time.
• Balzano Apple Cake - There are many apple cakes and apple desserts on my list; this is just one.
• Tourte Aux Blettes - A sweet tart with chard. This is a specialty of Nice, and I have wanted to try making it ever since I had it there last fall.
• Chocolate Spice Cake - An unusual cake: cocoa with chopped nuts and a spice blend of cinnamon, pepper, orange peel, raisins and nuts.
• Sweet Potato Rosti with Goat's Cheese> - Sweet potatoes are a thing in my kitchen; my recipe list is littered with them.
• Fennel-and-Sage Crusted Pork Tenderloin - A very attractive riff on an old dinner stand-by.
• Tea-Smoked Pork and Tender Cabbage Stir-Fry - Home-smoked meats are very intriguing to me; I'd like to try one out.
OK, now it is your turn. What's the last recipe you bookmarked to try?
(Images: Clockwise from upper left, Waitrose; Charles Schiller for Country Living; Tara Fisher)