This time of year, it's especially refreshing to pair chicken with citrus- lemons, limes, oranges, tangerines. You name it, chicken goes well with it. We rounded up five recipes, from a super easy grilling recipe, if you happen to live in a balmy climate, to chicken that's smoked over tea leaves.
Of course, we also need to mention some of our favorites from our recipe archives, like Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken and Lemon Chicken Ballotine with Ricotta and Fennel Confit.
But here are some new recipes that sound good to us. Maybe you'll find one that inspires you this weekend.
• Chicken with Green Olives, Orange, and Sherry, from Bon Appétit. The combination of oranges and green olives is one of our favorites, and there's a touch of honey in the sauce.
• French Chicken Breast with Orange Tarragon Sauce, from Food Network. Incredibly easy- just sear the chicken, bake it, and make a quick pan sauce. The recipe doesn't specify fresh OJ, but that's certainly doable.
• Tuscan Lemon Chicken, from Ina Garten. A simple grilled chicken with lemon and rosemary for those of you who can grill in March.
• Sweet and Sour Tangerine Chicken Stir-Fry, from Bon Appétit. Fresh tangerine juice, ginger, cayenne pepper, rice vinegar, soy sauce... all sounds good.
• Green-Tea-and-Orange Smoked Chicken, from Cooking Light. Another one with Asian flavors. Chicken breasts are marinated in a very intriguing green tea sauce, then steamed over a pan filled with orange rinds, tea, and sugar.
(Image: Scott Peterson for Bon Appétit)