Deep purple plums, dusky red pluots, and luscious green and black figs are just a few of the colorful offerings at Southern California's farmers' markets this season. And there are stripes, too, in the form of green zebra tomatoes, summer melons, heirloom eggplants, and zephyr squash. We feel so blessed to have these beautiful gems at our markets and on our plates! TOP ROW
• 1 Tomatoes of every shape and color
• 2 Tiny eggplants and pretty peppers
• 3 Melons; do you know how to pick a ripe one?
• 4 Dapple dandy pluots and white peaches
• 5 Plump figs and blueberries
• 11 Cherry tomatoes, perfect for fresh or grilled skewers
• 12 Long Chinese eggplants
• 13 Multicolored summer squash
• 14 Tender haricots verts and yellow Romano beans
• 15 Summer peaches make way for autumn apples...
What colorful fruits and vegetables are you seeing at your farmers' market these days?
• For more information on the Hollywood farmers' market and other Los Angeles area markets, visit Farmernet.com
Related: Eggplant Rainbow
(Images: Emily Ho)