We've given you many ideas for homemade holiday gifts that will help you spread cheer without spending a ton. But this one doesn't even involve cooking (you know, if you're short on money and time). Buy an inexpensive bottle of wine, remove the label, and stencil it.
For those of you who are crafty, this is an incredibly easy project. (For others, making cookies might take less time.) But we love the idea of taking a bottle of wine, which is not particularly inventive, and making it look so much cooler, no matter how pretty the label.
You could spray-paint the recipient's initials—or maybe "ho, ho, ho" or "joy."
• Get the full instructions from Ready Made magazine.
And, of course, the beauty of the project is that no one has to know how much you spent on the bottle. Just attach a tag with the type of wine.
Need some ideas for good wine values? Check out these cost-conscious posts from Mary:
• How to Choose Good, Cheap Wine from the Big Brands: Pinot Grigio
• How to Choose Good, Cheap Wine from the Big Brands: Cabernet Sauvignon
• Cheap Wine: Best Pinot Noir under $20
• Holiday Party Wines: $10 and Less from Trader Joe's
(Image: Kathryn Gamble and Rick Lozier/Ready Made)