You could spray-paint the recipient's initials—or maybe "ho, ho, ho" or "joy."
• Get the full instructions from Ready Made magazine.
And, of course, the beauty of the project is that no one has to know how much you spent on the bottle. Just attach a tag with the type of wine.
Need some ideas for good wine values? Check out these cost-conscious posts from Mary:
• How to Choose Good, Cheap Wine from the Big Brands: Pinot Grigio
• How to Choose Good, Cheap Wine from the Big Brands: Cabernet Sauvignon
• Cheap Wine: Best Pinot Noir under $20
• Holiday Party Wines: $10 and Less from Trader Joe's
(Image: Kathryn Gamble and Rick Lozier/Ready Made)