Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Berkeley, CA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- It has to be incredibly well organized and neat, so everything has its place and it is always clean; and one whole wall is sliding glass doors that frame the Golden Gate Bridge. It is very Zen.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- I love to cook, so I had a ton of kitchen goodies when I moved in. I had to eliminate everything but the essentials and be very picky and clever about where everything is kept. But now the space is so efficient that I can fit a 5 gallon aquarium on my countertop. The absolute key is tall cabinets coupled with a foldable step stool that lives in a small nook next to my fridge.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Right now my favorite is cast-iron pan pizza with goat cheese, figs, and fresh arugula. I use the glass electric stovetop to crisp the crust and finish it in the oven. But I also love to pickle things and make elaborate appetizers for the few friends I can fit in the apartment!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2013