Ether Maiden is foraging for her own mushrooms (these babies are called Dryad's Saddle Mushrooms), and cooking them up. Check out her other photos here and more tales of mushroom hunting, here.
Week Six is almost done. Two weeks to go! This week's assignment was to stock the pantry and plan a whole meal.
To help you with the pantry part, we published two lists of suggested pantry items. The idea here was to help you on your way to cooking without recipes. This is generally easier in the savory department.
With desserts, since so many involve baking, a little more science and a little less experimentation is required, but nonetheless, our lists, we hope, will get your cupboards prepared to support spur-of-the-moment cooking. Here are the two pantry guides:
• What Every Pantry Needs: Savory
• What Every Pantry Needs: Sweet
Here's Ether Maiden's finished dish: Pan-Fried Fish with Mushrooms and Lemon Sauce (check the fancy garnish!)
How is the meal-planning going? In the Week Six assignment, several of us gave suggestions for meals based on what's fresh and in-season in our parts of the country. East, west and something in between are represented, so you should have ample material to inspire your own meal plan. Post it here.
Remember to keep posting your work in the Kitchn's Flickr Pool and keep the comments, questions, tips and encouragement flowing through the comments on each Cure post.
See you on Thursday, when we un-hatch the Week Seven assignments. Do you have a date on the calendar for your graduation dinner? Aim for the end of May.
All The Info
• Week Six! Stocking the Pantry and Planning a Whole Meal
• Kitchn Cure Monday Check-In: How Did the Weekend Bread (or Matzah) Baking Go?
• Kitchn Cure: Week Five! Bread Baking Assignment
• Kitchn Cure: Week Five! Taking Stock and Reporting Back
• Kitchn Cure: Week Four! Fire Up the Stove
• Kitchn Cure: Week Three! Use What Your Mama Gave You
• Kitchn Cure: Week Two! Going Deeper - Goodbye Processed Foods!
• Kitchn Cure: Week One! Getting Started and De-Cluttering Your Food
• All Kitchn Spring Cure 2008 Posts
• The Kitchn Cure Flickr Pool Page