Thanks to all of you who gave us a little feedback
yesterday on the Kitchen Cure. If you haven't already, please hop over and take the quick survey and give us any comments
on where you're currently at in the Cure. It's great to see so many of you already done with your cleaning and restocking, but we also understand it's a busy time of year.
Here's your weekend Cure assignment. If you're still cleaning and restocking, just keep working at it! You have a free weekend to bring some clean spring sunshine into your cupboards.
But sometimes a quick bout of bread-baking also helps us get back into the kitchen and re-energized for cooking fresh. Bread baking is so simple, so easy, and such a sweet payoff for so little work. We're going to challenge any of you with an hour or two of extra time this weekend to make bread. Recipes for quick and yeast breads below, including the famous No-Knead Bread. Haven't made it yet? This is your chance! Our apologies to those of you keeping a kosher kitchen for Passover this week - this is obviously an activity to skip. But for those of you who are done with your kitchen cleaning, re-organizing, and basic re-stocking, this is a great next step in the Kitchen Cure.
Heat up your oven before it gets too hot outside, and make a loaf of bread. Here are links to some of our favorite bread recipes. If you really don't have time to make a yeast bread, there are some quick breads too - although we really think that you should throw together a batch of No-Knead dough tonight, go out for a night on the town, then tomorrow sleep in and slap that bread in the oven for a leisurely Saturday lunch or dinner. What could be simpler?
Oh, and if you don't have a Dutch oven, don't worry - do you have a covered pot? See our post on Dutch oven alternatives for No-Knead Bread.
• No-Knead Bread in a Hurry
• Been working on a sourdough starter? Try this sourdough loaf.
• No-Knead Challah
• No-Time Bread - If you want to put bread together for dinner tonight, this is the recipe.
• Mom's Rosemary Focaccia
• Hunk o' Fruit: Bill Granger's Oat, Pear, and Raspberry Loaf
• Laughing Cinnamon Bread
And don't forget to photograph your bread adventures for the Flickr pool and tell us all about it here or on your own blog. Warm, deliciously stretchy fresh bread is a weekend delight, and we would be remiss if we left it out of this Spring Cure.
All The Info
• Kitchn Cure: Week Five! Bread Baking Assignment
• Kitchn Cure: Week Five! Taking Stock and Reporting Back
• Kitchen Cure: Week Four! Fire Up the Stove
• Kitchn Cure: Week Three! Use What Your Mama Gave You
• Kitchn Cure: Week Two! Going Deeper - Goodbye Processed Foods!
• Kitchn Cure: Week One! Getting Started and De-Cluttering Your Food
• All Kitchn Spring Cure 2008 Posts
• The Kitchn Cure Flickr Pool Page
(Image: Faith Hopler)