I'm excited to try some more varieties.
We were really pleased to see that several of you (and maybe more?) plunged into bread-baking this weekend in response to our weekend Cure assignment. Bread baking is unbelievably easy, and if you start to fit it into your weekly routine you'll find it hard to go back to supermarket bread. We're curious to know, though, did anyone attempt homemade matzah for Passover? Or perhaps just matzah brei?
See the most inspiring bread-baking photo below and find out where you can get that cute vintage breadbox to store all that homemade bread.
The vintage metal bread box above is $32 from Etsy seller rekindle. Do any of you still store your bread in a bread box?
And now for a very inspiring photo....
Flickr member d1g1t1ze made roast chicken, bread, AND home-brewed beer! In fact, the bread was made with spent grains from the beer she brewed. Whoa! We're impressed to no end.
Did you make bread or roast a chicken this weekend? Upload a photo to the Flickr group and tell us all about it here.
Look for more Cure progression tomorrow and Thursday - we'll be moving right along... Great job everyone!
All The Info
• Kitchn Cure: Week Five! Bread Baking Assignment
• Kitchn Cure: Week Five! Taking Stock and Reporting Back
• Kitchen Cure: Week Four! Fire Up the Stove
• Kitchn Cure: Week Three! Use What Your Mama Gave You
• Kitchn Cure: Week Two! Going Deeper - Goodbye Processed Foods!
• Kitchn Cure: Week One! Getting Started and De-Cluttering Your Food
• All Kitchn Spring Cure 2008 Posts
• The Kitchn Cure Flickr Pool Page