So you're finally ready to get into meal planning? Huzzah! Get into the groove and you'll no longer find yourself in that nightly panic about what to make your family for dinner. You'll start eating better (no more sad frozen pizzas!) and you'll stop wasting money (no more last-minute takeout or groceries gone bad).
The truth is, you don't really need a ton of special supplies to meal plan — just a little bit of time and some go-to recipes will get the job done — but in case you want to get serious about it, we've got five great (and pretty!) tools to aid you in your planning.
- Compliment Pencil Set, $10 for 10 at Ban.do: These pencils can help you jot down your plans and give you a little pep talk. Why, yes, you are so smart!
- Plan Ahead, $15 at Typo: This weekly planning pad comes with 40 tear-off sheets, so you'll have just enough to last the rest of the year.
- You Got This Pouch, $30 at Spearmint Love: Once you've got your meals planned for the week, don't forget to organize the applicable coupons. Stash them in this pouch — and remember, you've totally got this.
- Standard Baggu, $10 at Baggu: You already know you're going to the supermarket, so you have no excuse not to bring some reusable bags with you. Don't forget! Grab whatever you have on hand or order some of these cute classics from Baggu.
- OXO Glass Food Storage Container Set, $29 for eight-piece set: Once you really start meal planning, you'll learn that prepping ahead of time is one of the best things you can do. These glass containers will come in handy.