Do you see mint chocolate chip? Or pistachio? Don't worry, we're giving you ice cream recipes that correspond to each kitchen, so the mouth watering isn't in vain.
We are complete flip floppers when it comes to the color we love most for a kitchen. Sometimes we want to paint our cabinets dark navy; other times we're all about bright and white. But if we based it on our favorite ice cream, we'd have a winner in a second (chocolate, thank you).
Looking through these kitchens just made us realize how many flavors and hues of ice cream there are. Our favorite may be the soft lavender that reminded us of Sara Kate's Blackberry Buttermilk Ice Cream- both a delicious step outside the lines.
1. Mint or Pistachio (or Mint Chocolate Chip if you add a few brown accessories), from House Beautiful.
• Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Because this uses fresh mint, it's not green. You'll have to add a few drops of food coloring for that.)
• Jeni Britton's Pistachio Ice Cream
2. Chocolate!, also from House Beautiful.
• The Best Chocolate Ice Cream
3. Creamy Vanilla, from Giulia's Light and Airy at Apartment Therapy.
• Basic Vanilla Ice Cream
4. Strawberry, from Paul's Niagara Falls Home at Apartment Therapy.
• Strawberry Ice Cream with Cacao Nibs
5. Orange (or Rainbow) Sherbet, from Living Etc.
• Tangerine Sherbet from The New York Times
• Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt
6. Lemon, from Living Etc.
• Creamy, Tangy Lemon Ice Cream
7. Blackberry, from Country Living
• Blackberry Buttermilk Ice Cream
Which is your favorite?
Related: Pink in the Kitchen: Color Inspiration for Cooks
(Images: Victoria Pearson/House Beautiful; Lizzie Himmel/House Beautiful; Giulia; Paul; Living Etc.; Steven Randazzo/Country Living)