From a 99-cent pan scraper to a $93 thermometer, this year we shared many of the tools that improved our lives in the kitchen. We also wrote about well-loved and frequently used favorites like Dutch ovens, mandolines, pepper mills, and more.
• 1 The Kitchn Reviews: Our Favorite Knives
• 2 The Kitchn Reviews: Our Favorite Pots & Pans
• 3 The Kitchn Reviews: Our Favorite Pepper Mills
• 4 The Kitchn Reviews: Our Favorite Offbeat Tools
• 5 The Almost Essentials: 5 Second-Tier Kitchen Tools We Love
• 6 5 Basic Baking Tools I Can't Live Without
• 7 Bar Tool Checklist: The Basics - and Beyond
• 8 Nylon vs. Stainless Steel Kitchen Tools: Which Is Better?
• 9 What Is the Best Mandoline to Buy?
• 10 The Best Zester Ever? New Graters from Edgeware
• 11 A $93 Thermometer? Why the Thermapen Is Worth It
• 12 Smart Designs: The Best Cherry Pitter Ever
• 13 Favorite Kitchen Tool: The Basic Can Opener
• 14 Surprisingly Handy: Tweezers in the Kitchen
• 15 Favorite Tool for Poached Eggs: Small Mesh Strainer
• 16 Kitchen Tools: Oven Thermometer
• 17 Baking Tools: Pastry Cloth
• 18 Only 99 Cents! A Simple Tool for Cleaning Pans
• 19 In Praise of Battered Baking Sheets
• 20 In Praise Of Old-Fashioned Kitchen Tools
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)