We noticed a very dramatic black bathroom at AT:New York last week and it made us think about black in the kitchen. We are not usually huge fans of black in the kitchen - we're so over black granite countertops! But sometimes black can be used to beautiful advantage, especially since it doesn't show some smudges and stains as badly as other finishes!
Here are some photos of Anna's remodeled Victorian kitchen - all in black, white, and steel...
• Above: We like the simple black cupboards. They have just enough sheen to keep from feeling overpoweringly dark.
• Open storage - we admire how neatly this is all arranged! Another butcher block table...
• So well-edited, with those bright pops of red!
• Black and white mugs.
• We like this pot a lot - anyone know where it's from?
• So much light - we hope to always have a kitchen with plenty of natural light.
• The red and blue spots of color (note the picture over the stove) are pulled together so well. It would be a pleasure to cook in this kitchen!
What would you cook here? We're thinking homemade sushi and handrolls, and sleek ganache-enrobed cakes.
• See the whole house tour here: Anna's Old-and-New Newburgh Victorian at AT: New York