Wowzers - we have quite a kitchen renovation to show you today! It's from a recent San Francisco house tour, and AT:SF editor Leslie thought you might enjoy seeing it. We agreed, so take a look at Rebecca and Roger's remodeled kitchen.
• The kitchen BEFORE the renovation. Rebecca says that their kitchen was dismantled to the studs (and all the floors throughout the flat were refinished) while they lived under a tarp for two months!
• The before and after floorplans. Notice that this is a major renovation; they're moving the sink and the stove, which probably means moving water and power lines. Rebecca said that It was great being able to design the layout and the details to better suit the way they use and move within the space.
• A before/after of the kitchen, with an action shot of how the pantry drawer slides out. We love the streamlined look of the new fridge and storage unit, combined with vintage and repurposed details in the kitchen.
• The kitchen post-renovation, with an old antique rug from the owner's grandfather, an antique rug dealer. Wow - a rug in the kitchen?
• The beautiful backsplash is wallpaper behind a glass plate. Also, this a vintage Chinese teakettle from the owner's grandmother.
• Moving the sink seems to have been worth it! Look at all the light shining in over the sink.
• A deep sink with a grate that can fit over it and double as a dish rack. Very clever. Also, the owners customized a cutting board so it could fit in and slide along the sink opening.
• One more look at the kitchen. Very lovely!
• See the whole house tour here: House Tour: Rebecca and Roger's Flux-Redux
Related: Kitchen Tour: Devesh and Tara's Spice Pantry
(Images: Rebecca Szeto)